Monday, June 18, 2007

My 1st challenge - Swimming Lesson

Today is my 1st day i attended my co-curricular activity - that is swimming...
The day before, i'm still having flu..quite suddenly..so, i'm bit worried but in the same time feel like better time goes faster as it's my 1st lesson..
somemore,that night when i half way asleep..my mum just called me.Suddenly my foot cramp and it really hurt like almost i lost my both legs..it's so paintful till i cannot describe it..in the midnight almost early in the morning.
With the flu and my legs' cramp happened,i'm not so excited about my swimming class..
Furthermore, the most funny part is i always told everyone that i actually can swim..Why it's funny? Let's figure it out.
My swim lesson supposed to be started at 8.30am.. I went out from my home around 8am.. I did not expected that it would be traffic jams.. Just it really happened. Oh, gosh!!i'm starting to be freak..because there's possibility that i am gonna late for my class..Then, i received call from my friend,Angelina..She said,"Hey,Simon..Where'r you now?".. I quickly replied,"You? I'm on my way..Bits jams in traffic..You will wait for me,right?"..Actually i said that because i hope that she can accompany me and i will not be lonely as she's the one i knew for Swimming Club..
So,what happened?I'm definitely late..For sure..around 10minutes after me and angelina got lost and forgot that we need to purchase sports facilities tickets cost RM1.50 per entry to swimming pool..Finally,we're late..and our coach was having a short briefing to us already..me and angelina were so naive at that time..thought that if we didn't change our attire for our 1st lesson,then we do not need to swim..
But,unfortunately..this has proof us wrong..The coach seems a bit angry with us..Due to the case as i and angelina do not want to replace our class,we just finally change back our attire after some warm-up exercise to prepare start swimming..
On that moment,i just can feel the cold of the water even i haven't jump into the pool..Somemore you know that i'm shy as only parts of body cover by swimsuit..My whole 'skinny' shape body finally revealed and everyone will look at me like that * _ *''..can't stand with it..what to do?!
Ok,the interesting parts had just come..Coach requested us to jump into the pool.Once i put my both legs into that 'cold' water,i'm already start shivering..think so!!Without wasting time and haven't adapt this cold environment yet,our coach start to teach us how to bubbling inside water..Erm,take a long breath..hold it..then,put your head into the water and exhale..I never do this before even it's just a basic part of learnt how to swim..but,this stil an easy part for me,i guess!
But,when times goes by,i'm feeling more cold and COLD..coach seems not willing to give us break even i hunger for it..He just move on to second move which is floating..i'm definitely having a tough time with this,i'm sure my friend,angelina agree with it..inside my mind that time with the 'push' by coach,i have to do it,no choice!no others but only try,try..try and TRY!i knew how to float,but the weird thing is i seems don't know how to recover..but i'm just struggling hardly inside water..Harder than i thought..Coach managed to teach us front floating before giving us break..that time,i almost think that i will vomit as i'm not feeling well might be because swallow too much of water..that 5minutes break is just like my 'safeguard' for me even i knew that it's sure not enough for me and i would just wish the lesson will end sooner..
Out from toilets,still very cold..can't do anything..just follow coach's instruction..really dunno how to do..sumore this time coach taught us back floating..Die,previous move not yet dominate and now have to learn new moves already..Haiz!luckily,i met up wit few great buudy advised and taught me bits about the move..And the most touches part is angelina helps me a lot and keep asking me,"Simon,are you okay or not? Try again and you almost there already!"..so sweet!I really try to brve up myself to do it and not let others thing to bother my mind..But i still lose to panic..and failed times by times..the most terrible thing is i am the only guy need to use a float in order for me to do my front floating move..My godness!shameful..I'm like grabbing it tightly like it's my life,can't let go..Panic in my heart just increase but not decrease..
Finally,our coach decided to let all of us go off earlier..even everyone gone already,just a few left..angelina still with me,encourage me to practice more for a while..I do..failed again but insisit to try..until one time really cannot stand the cold,we also decided to get out from water and practice on others days..Worst again..some of my friens come and see how i am doing on swimming..what she had just see is i'm shivering for cold near the pool..I don't care anymore,just run away from that situation.
Back to toilets to change my proper attire,i'm really seems not feeling too well at all..feel like just want to vomit..
I did told angelina i want to give up..even i'm interest in swimming..It looks tough to me several times and this is just the 1st lesson...I'm thinking how am i gonna stay survive in upcoming lesson..But i think again..few seconds..I realise that what i get through today might be very tough,but meanwhile ain't this will also happen to others people when they first starting to learn swimming..nobody were born to know all things already without learning..I bet to myself..I said to myself..I don't wan to give up just because what i get through now is hard..i want to move forward..i want overcome my fear..I like water but water dislike me,then i have learn more to know about it and be 'friendly' with it..be Familiar wit it..or get used to it as what angelina told me..I dare not give up at this point..i do not want to disappoint and lose to myself..The enemy right now is only ME!If I think i can,then I can!!Be brave to face my challenge..
A big lesson had come to me and i learnt a lot from it..for the next time or future,i surely won't claim myself and talk 'big' to others that i know how to swim in the pool even the last time i swim was when i was still small after this incident happened..Funny right?
Atleast this will not be the last time you will see me swimming in the pool..I promise the next time i will do it more better and i believe 'PRACTICE makes PERFECT'.Cheers!!Thank You to all my fellow friends,especially angelina..
Conclusion : 'Salmon Fish' just really not good in swimming actually..

0 comments: